It's one of those movies that make you just sigh with emotions. I have always imagined a life full of music. My life is a soundtrack. I want my children to grow up with fond memories of going to shows and just sitting around while someone plays the guitar, making up silly songs about life, songs dripping with the human soul, or just songs about nothing. There is something about the guitar and the human voice that just moves me. It makes me want to fall in love all over again. It reminds me to breathe, to smell the air, kiss my daughter, and make love to my husband. It makes me cry, dance and laugh. It will inspire me to fight for my beliefs.
The songs in the movie reminded me of something my friend Johann would sing. His songs never fail to rouse the life inside of me. Sometimes, I forget to feel. My life becomes so mundane and I become numb. Listening to him, all your senses are revitalized. He usually plays in the local coffee shop. You remember to breathe in the fresh ground coffee. As you sip your wine, you savor each drop. You roll you fingertips together just to have the sensation of skin touching skin. It's sensation overload, you have to close your eyes to take it all in. I miss that. I want my children to know that.
You can blare Nina Simone on your computer, sit in the dark sipping wine. But, you cannot feel the emotions emitting from her. There is nothing like watching a musician sing her soul to you.
There are storm chasers. I chase storms, but my storms play an instrument.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment