Four years ago today, Fred and I were married by the beach in Kauai. It was at noon and the sun was reflecting off the sand. I of course wanted to do it barefoot; my feet were burning. My dad walked me to the Hei'au, where Fred was waiting for me. A Hei'au is where the Polynesians worship. I married my best friend at Kukui Hei'au. As a symbol and reminder of our wedding, we keep Kukui nuts in our car.
It was a very simple ceremony. We exchanged leis, rings and drank water from a coconut. We wrote our vows.
Fred's vows to me
My Dearest Cynthia,
Today you and I are in paradise. Not just because of where we are, but because we are together. Today we will join together in a sacred bond. Two souls intertwined as one. Since the moment I met you, you have brightened my life like the sun above us. You have opened my eyes to a whole new world. Not a day goes by that you don't make me feel special. Today I am truly the luckiest man alive. You are my Eternal Soul-mate, the link that completes my chine, my Other Half, my Cuddlemonkey. You are my perfect fit, mind body and soul. You are my angel and when you spread your wings I want to fly with you on a little trip to Heaven on the wings of your love. Today I make an important promise to you. I promise to give you my eternal love. I promise to protect you when you are scared, to hold you when you are sad, and to cheer you up when you are mad. I promise to be there by your side, holding your hand through the good and bad, wherever life may take us. Our lives together and our loves will last forever. Long after the stars have faded away, our love will there burning strong. I will love you for eternity and beyond and I ask you today, to take me as your husband.
My vows to Fred
Fred,
I called you many names: Baby, Cuddlemonkey, Mio Tesero, Soul-mate.
Today I can call you husband.
You are my past, present and future.
You have a piece of my soul.
You are the angel I have been looking for, coloring my life
You're the love I have always wanted, embracing my heart.
Let's always dive together, hand in hand.
Our love will be the light to lead the way.
Our souls will be the paint to illustrate our never ending story.
I promise to share your sorrow and happiness.
I promise not to take you for granted.
I promise to fill your life with mine.
I love you today. I'll love you forever.
I'll love you until eternity.
And if eternity comes, I promise my soul will find yours and love you once more
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Happy Anniversary Fred and Cynthia.
May your love continue to shine.
Post a Comment