I get my first taste of what it's like to be a midwife. A client is due any day now. I am very excited! The anticipation is killing me. I have never been a patient person. I'm a little anxious, I must admit. I hope I have the stomach for it. I am very lucky to be able to be a part of her birth. If you believe in fate, then you could say it was meant to be. The midwife I am working with will be leaving soon. I was suppose to meet the client in August. The midwife found out that she was moving end of July. I was so excited about starting to go to prenatal appointments that I met the mom in June. I wonder what would have happened if I would have waited until August. Would the midwife think it was worth it?
The mom is great. She is very in tune with her body. S says that she is a great client for a first time apprentice. It is so cool to do the things that were done at my prenatals, but on the other side.
I just hope that I will be able to find someone as cool to work with as S. My plan is to go to nursing school and become a nurse midwife who does homebirths. If I decide not to home school, I hope that I can work in Desmina's school as a nurse. I will do midwifery on the side. Or I may just abandon the thought of nursing school altogether if I can find a cool midwife school in NH. It all depends how long we stay there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment