I hope we are not being fooled by Jack Frost. We have nine more days until Spring is officially here, but that won't stop Jack from his nasty trickeries. Today was one such a beautiful day! We spent most of our time outside. I walked with the downstairs neighbor around the Green. Then the girls played their funk out. It made for an awesome nap, considering Desi's nap suck yesterday no thanks to Daylight Savings Time.
Eventually I will enjoy having more light, but right now I just want that freaking hour back.
After her nap, we hit the outdoors again. We walked Wasabi's bridge and back. Desi got tired towards the end, even though it's not that far. But I kept pushing her to walk telling her that at there were bubbles at the house. This didn't work because she wanted to get there faster. What's faster than having mommy carry you when you have no car. What did motivate her was me telling her that walking is healthy. She is obsessed with what is healthy and what is not. She will tell me that random things are healthy. "Xylophone is healthy."
Her outside adventure ended in a sour note when she fell in a puddle. She was trying to push her doll stroller into the snowbanks. After ramming it into the snow it bounced back. It threw off her balance and she ended in the puddle that she was trying to swim in a few moments earlier.
I am hoping all this play will make her sleep well tonight. I think it's just making her hungry. She keeps trying to steal dinner ingredients. Tonight we are having fresh veggiewraps and pho, a Vietnamese soup. I have been craving it for months and finally got all the ingredients we need. My mouth is watering just thinking of it! It's almost done!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment