Another modified recipe.
2 bananas
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup canola oil
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1.5 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp salt
3 cups carrots grated (We made juice and used the pulp)
1/2 c raisins
Smash bananas in a big mixing bowl. We use a potato masher to mush it up really well.
Add sugars and oil and blend well.
In another bowl shift dry ingredients. Then shift it into the wet mixture and blend.
Add carrots and raisins and mix
Pour in a greased 3 by 8 pan and spread. Bake at 350 for 40 minutes to an hour. We baked ours for 40 minutes and it turned out perfectly moist.
We even iced the cake. I cut the cake in half so that I could layer it.
Our vegan carrot cake
Okay doesn't look delicious, but I'm proud to say the cake turned out very moist and sweet.
Mina was very proud of baking the cake. She was reluctant to let our friends have some. She kept going into the kitchen and asking for the cake. We went to visit them because they just had a beautiful baby girl. After we left, she threw a small fit. I told her that cake was better shared.


3 comments:
Mina looks really good at helping in the kitchen!
I love carrot cake (must stop looking at the photo - getting hungry). :)
Even though I only got a little taste, I can say the cake was, in fact, delicious- as was the chili, which I got a much bigger taste of!
And above all else, greatly appreciated :)
Glad you liked it! Fred and I love to cook. Cooking for people makes it even funner!
Post a Comment