25 October 2006

Time with Julianna

We headed to Eugene Thursday morning. We hit the shops and then went to eat lunch. This place makes their own vegan burgers. I wasn't too impressed. It was a bit dry. Mina had tofu and rice. It was a bit bland, but it's nice they had the option.

Then we headed to see Julianna. It was a short drive. When we got there we knocked on the door. I think it was Michael on the other end who responded by saying, "knock knock." I knocked again, but still no response. Fred had to knock on the door so that Julianna could hear us. I have a quiet knock. LOL. It was cute hearing Michael.
Julianna's house is so warm! I love the hardwood floors and the windows. In the entrance, they have a mural of sunflowers. The boys were still in school so it was just Jonathon and Michael.


We chatted for a bit and then headed to the post office. Fred stayed at the house. Mina was going to stay with him, but she got upset. Julianna showed me her new house to be. It's gorgeous! It's a big project, but I know it's going to be worth it. I love the house!

Afterwards we went back to the house. Chatted, washed diapers, ate dinner, watched TV...just chilled. It was so nice to see the family get together. Mina got grumpy so we retired to the van. I think she had to nurse to sleep. She woke up several times.

Next day, we hung out some more. Julianna got the pattern from the growing green diaper. She gave me one too. I will try my hand at making a diaper. I just need to get some material. The kids colored some. Time went by fast! Julianna had to get to the house by noon so Fred and I went to the co-op. We then met her at the house. Fred loved the house too. Poor Mina fell in the driveway. She skinned her knee a bit. We then left for Portland.

Portland isn't as nice as the rest of Oregon. It's too big. We didn't get to find much. We wanted to find a cloth diaper store, but wasn't able to until the next day. It wasn't open then. We went out to eat at Blossoming Lotus. It's the sister store to the place we went to in Hawaii. The service wasn't as friendly. The server was a bit of a snob it seemed.. It was just a hoity toity place. Food was good though. We had a sunflower pate, hummus and some salad that came with it. I had the raw pasta and Fred had the BBQ tempehi. Mina had some temeph and rice.

Next day, we looked for the Saturday Market. Unfortunately, Fred had the wrong address so we weren't able to make it. We did find a good breakfast place though. The server there was really nice. She is from Arlington, Texas. She even gave us a discount at the end! I had their vegan pancakes and potatoes. Mina had potatoes and guac, and Fred had gravy and biscuits. Mina and I shared carrot juice....and she had some OJ. It was nice to get fresh juice while on the road.
Afterwards we headed to the natural baby store, but it was closed so we went to the airport. No problems at the airport. It's so much nicer than DFW though.

No comments: