18 October 2006

In the nick of time

Friday morning Desmina woke up crying. Thank goodness! We had half an hour to get ready to head off to the airport. We hustled and of course there was traffic on the way to Fred's sister, who was taking us to the airport. Fortunately she only lives ten minutes from there.

When we arrived at the airport we had about forty minutes to get our bags checked and go to security. The rule at the airport is that you have to check in forty three minutes before your flight. We barely made it! So far so good, but then there was the menacing security line. And just our luck, all but two of the checkpoint lines were closed. We were not moving an inch! I kept checking the time and holding my breath. At first I was laid back, but as it got closer to the time with our flight leaving I became more agitated. Finally they opened the rest of the lines and the line started moving faster. I had to chuck my unopened Dr. Pepper. When we passed through security we had just enough time to run to the gate. They were already looking for us. It was nice not to have to wait at the airport or on the plane for take off. But I don't think the rush and stress is worth it.

No comments: