Last Thursday was the Lunar New Year. For the New Year, I wish everyone peace, happiness and good health.
New Hampshire doesn't have much to offer for the Asian culture. We flew to Texas to visit family and let the kids learn about Tết.
Starting off the dance
Dancing Dragons
Lighting the firecrackers
Inside the market.
The dancers go into the market as the owners greet the dragon lion. They offer lì xì to the dragon-lion. He will then throw fruit out to the people. Be careful for flying oranges. One year M got hit square in the head with an orange. I figured it was good luck.


4 comments:
Cool! I love the pictures!
And I promise I'm getting around to my post from being tagged. Life keeps getting in the way...
Happy New Year! Thanks for the pictures and videos- they are too cool!
This is fukuchan from pg.org, btw.
What neat pictures! Looks like a lot of fun.
I can't get over how old M looks in that first pic of the 2 of them!!! Our babies are such big kids. *sniff* :)
Wow, thats so amazing! Looks like such fun!!
Post a Comment