20 July 2007

Thanksgiving

A good friend reminded me to look upon my life and remember what I'm grateful day. Why should we wait until November to appreciate what we have in our lives?

I'm grateful for Fred; he is my rock, my champion, and my coach, always motivating me. He was the only one who believed that I could push B, including myself. He pushes me to what I do beyond where I think my limits end.

I'm grateful for my children; just like my friend, they are my universe. M can always bring a smile to my face with her antics. She has such a good heart. She is my moon fairy. B brought me closer to enlightenment, hence his name. He brought me to peace with M's birth (it didn't go as planned). It's amazing what such a small person can do. He is my morning sun.

I'm grateful for my friends. They are my support beams. I have met new friends here in NH through LLL. I love getting to know someone new and do new things with them. I still talk to my old friends that I met in Texas. Always nice to sit and reminisce with an old friend.

I'm grateful for hugs. I just got one from M. :)

I'm grateful for music. It says things that words cannot express. It brings you back to moments in your life that you want to remember or forget. And even those moments you want to forget, it serves as a reminder of what steps you will not repeat. I can always get lost in the waves. Music reminds me that I'm human again, it invokes a feeling in me.

I'm grateful for my senses. M is playing with red and orange scarves...so bright. I love being able to gaze in my children's eyes. I love being able to feel the stubble of Fred's beard. I love feeling B's soft hair against my face. I love the smell of the summer wind after it's been raining. The smell of a baby's head has some kind of effect on me...it's my drug. I love hearing B's coos and the way M says things like refrigerator (frideratorrator), water (wader), chiropractor (piropractor), and so many other words. I almost don't want her to say things correctly because it's so damn cute. And of course I love eating! Yummy fresh garlic, a juicy mango, a dripping soy cream cone..

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Sounds like you're feeling a little better. I really enjoyed this post since I've been feeling really overwhelmed lately- and down with all the rain. Thank you for reminding me that I need to be better about focusing more on the good and less on the stressful.