30 July 2009

Five months later

Fred now has a job! He will start next week. I will be back at home with the kids. Although I love what I'm doing now, my heart is with the kids. I have asked to be kept on their call list if they need someone to fill in over the weekends. I think we will start formally homeschooling Desmina. I have a few ideas up my sleeve.

5 comments:

Wendy said...

Yay!! What will he be doing? When did you guys decide to homeschool?

Heather said...

WHohooooooooo

veganbaby said...

I have been going back and forth with it. I figure that I can at least try "kindergarten" and if it doesn't work out we had fun. :)

I am thinking of nature walks to take pictures and categorize them or for word flash cards.

Wendy said...

My only advice is to not make it harder than it has to be. I did little to nothing in terms of formal structured learning and Dillon is right about where she should be for entering 1st grade (if we weren't going to continue homeschooling). We just lived life, talked about things, looked for fun things to do, played on the computer some. pbskids.org, the national geographic kids site, then brainpopjr.com are all great sites. Brain pop is a subscription, but well worth the $100 dollars for a year subscription. You can even do a one week trial and see how you like it. I bought the Oak Meadow 1st grade curriculum, and plan to follow it more or less with plenty of unschooling in the mix.

veganbaby said...

Thanks! We plan to unschool more or less.