I may be homeschooling so this law does not effect my children. But I still would like to stand up and make a difference and try to change the law. Studies have shown that more African American children are getting paddled in school. I also have dug up some numbers and I don't think it's a coincidence that the states that permit corpol punishment in school have the lowest graduation rates. Perhaps if teachers didn't have to take time away to spank then they could utilize their time in the classroom better for their students. Sorry if that sounds abrasive, but it just hurts my heart that our state still allows spanking. Whether I homeschool or not, sign a piece of paper does not stop this from happening to other children in school. I may not be able to protect them in the home, but at least I can try to protect them in the school .
If you oppose whether or not you are a parent, home schooling or even doing private school your voice still can be heard! Join
my group and spread the word. I will update you on the status of the current bill in motion. We can share the letters we write to our state legislators.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Wow..I didn't know that was still legal anywhere! That's awful!
It breaks my heart!
Post a Comment