My good friend Wendy made a variation of this soup after I had Bodhi. I passed it onto to my friend who just had her baby girl. It was a big hit for the family!
1 butternut squash
3 or 4 sweet potatoes
onions
garlic
2 yellow squash
2 green zucchinis
1 big can of tomatoes
1/2 c of peanut butter
1 cup uncooked barley
handful of peanuts
paprika
pepper
salt
lemon
one can of coconut milk
Saute onions, garlic and butternut squash. Add sweet potatoes and vegetables. Add tomatoes. Add 2 canfuls of water. Let cook until everything is almost soft then add barley. Cook for 15 more minutes. Add PB, coconut milk and peanuts. Spice it up!
You can also use quiona or rice in place of barley.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Oh yummy! I wonder if this would work with acorn squash?
I'll have to try it. Thanks for sharing!
I feel so honored! Actually I've had it with quinoa and it is really good.
It would work fine with acorn squash- it's that little bit of sweetness that makes it so good. It's really one of those kinds of recipies you can mess around with and still have it turn out well.
Post a Comment