Hey! I finally got a chance to check in- you don't show up on my Google Reader anymore.
Your first picture of B eating the chalk looks pretty good, maybe a little underexposed. The second one is hard because the sun looks like it directly overhead. See how his head bent forward creates it's own shadow? Go for either full sun so that the face doesn't create it's own shadow (make sense?) or full shade.
The third one of the chalk looks overexposed to me.
Here's a couple of resources for you- Ever heard of a gray card? It's what your camera meter is designed to meter for. It's more than I can explain in a blog comment, but there's a lot of info out there- just google gray card. If I were home, I'd be able to send you some links.
The other resource is this site: http://www.ilovephotography.com You have to resgister, but it's free and an incredible source of information.
Thanks Wendy! I never heard of grey card. I have been only relying on my light meter. I only started recently started using the histogram...still don't quite understand the dynamics.
5 comments:
I'm not too helpful as I know nothing about the technicalities of photography but I think they are beautiful pictures!
Thanks, Mandi!
I think they look great. I wish I had a fancy camera like yours!!
Hey! I finally got a chance to check in- you don't show up on my Google Reader anymore.
Your first picture of B eating the chalk looks pretty good, maybe a little underexposed. The second one is hard because the sun looks like it directly overhead. See how his head bent forward creates it's own shadow? Go for either full sun so that the face doesn't create it's own shadow (make sense?) or full shade.
The third one of the chalk looks overexposed to me.
Here's a couple of resources for you-
Ever heard of a gray card? It's what your camera meter is designed to meter for. It's more than I can explain in a blog comment, but there's a lot of info out there- just google gray card. If I were home, I'd be able to send you some links.
The other resource is this site:
http://www.ilovephotography.com You have to resgister, but it's free and an incredible source of information.
Wendy
Thanks Wendy! I never heard of grey card. I have been only relying on my light meter. I only started recently started using the histogram...still don't quite understand the dynamics.
Post a Comment