Driving on 114. Headed back from a school play. It's raining. Fred is driving ahead of me. I see him walking towards us in his yellow coat. I drive past him and barely miss falling off an uncompleted road. We have to get home! Fred says there is no other way, but I know we can get to Irving and it's quicker than going to 35 all the way to Dallas. I stop and ask for directions.
It's a race now. We have to get off this highway before something happens. There is a line up, but I'm first in line to go through the gate. I have to call my parents to come, but they are wanting to wait. I have to get Fred to go. There really isn't room for an extra body in the car because of the car seats, so he is behind us. (Ivy and me).
I have to go back for some reason. Cars are building up, but I didn't lose my place in line. I did lose my keys! One woman is there handing out people's keys. She is doing magic tricks and the keys appear. She is annoyed with me. The magic trick involves pulling terry bands as if you're crocheting. I'm not quite able to do it right. I'm able to make a key ring appear, but that's about it. Finally she just tosses me my keys. Lots of plastic cards hanging off the keys. I guess I had to many key chains or something.
I begin racing like a video game. I'm good at the game, but I have smashed my car. We can get points to buy a new car. It's a mixed between a racing game and the tobaggon ride at Six Flags. B is in the bucket of the car strapped. I want Fred to sit with B to make sure he is safe. Fred takes over driving while I navigate.
I don't know where this fits in, but I'm up high holding B. I'm afraid we will fall. I am trying to hand B to people, but they don't want to take him. They are paranoid about dropping him. I remember handing him down to someone, I think Fred. It's a bit wobbley handing B down.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment