10 April 2010

Collard greens, turnips and black eyed peas

I made up this recipe upon a whim. At first I cooked the collard greens and turnips then added the uncooked peas and water. I think this overcooked the collard greens and turnips, but it was still very flavorful. No bitter after taste that turnips and collard greens are known for. The balsamic vinaigrette was a good balance. Fred and the kids loved it. Next time I will cook the BEPs first.

1 cup dry black eyed peas
1 bunch collard greens
1 turnip
2 cloves of garlic
2 to 3 tomatoes
splash of balsamic vinaigrette.

Rinse and soak the BEPs. Rinse and cook the peas. Drain. Or you can just used canned or frozen BEPs.
In a skillet, sautee turnips and garlic with soy margarine. Add Collard greens. Then add the tomatoes. Then add the BEPs. Finally add a splash of balsamic vinaigrette for flavoring. Serve over brown rice.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

That sounds soooo good!