06 September 2009

Five years ago

I became a mom. I held a new life in my arms for the first time. Someone so perfect and beautiful. Our love and souls intertwined and made our daughter. I still am not able to remember much about that day. It was an arduous labour that ended in a C-section. However, I do remember that holding her felt right. She was mine and I belong to her. I looked at her and found a new kind of love. A love so intense that it still brings me to tears. I feel it in my chest and it extends to every follicle of my body. That day I thought that my love for her was big. I thought that I could love no one else as much as I loved her. I was wrong. I love her more.

Happy Birthday to my sweet, sweet baby girl. I love you, Desmina.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Happy Birthday sweet Mina!!!

Anonymous said...

Oooh that is so special and sweet.

Ei said...

Happy birthday to Desi. Many hugs on your Mommy anniversary. It is so amazing to think how much they shape us, is it not?

Alicia said...

Aww, you got me all misty, Cyn. Hope your sweet girl had a wonderful birthday!!