I attempted to make waffles this morning. I made up my own recipe using whole wheat flour, regular flour, flax seed, soy milk, baking powder, maple syrup and a pinch of salt. The batter tasted awesome! Unfortunately, the waffle maker came unplugged somewhere in the process, unbeknownst to me. I mistakenly thought that when the light comes on that means the waffle is ready. So here I am waiting...waiting...WAITING for that damn light to turn on. After changing a poopy diaper, rinsing it off, washing my hands and some more waiting I realize that light probably isn't going to turn on. This is when I make the discovery that the damn thing came unplugged. So now I just have a sticky mess to clean. Grrrr. I just turn it on to cook the rest of the waffle so that it will be easier to clean. I forget about it in a few minutes and come back to a slightly burnt waffle but it's easy to clean. By this point breakfast should be well done and over so I just put the rest of the batter away for tomorrow. Score one for breakfast tomorrow!
Kids LOVE the burnt waffle. They are fighting over it. Well at least I know that it will be a success for tomorrow.
Today on the menu for lunch is wraps, which is made with tortillas. We don't own a microwave by choice and I'm too lazy to steam them. The waffle machine is still out and so I just plug it in and warm a tortilla. Wait a second...this will make an awesome quesadilla. So I experiment with what I have on hand (mushrooms, broccoli, and beans). Yet another score for an awesome lunch!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Oh yummy! Why did I have to read this when I'm starving? LOL!
Ok, how do you get a vegan quesadilla to stick together without cheese..lol
I can't keep them together with cheese. Hehe
That's the only thing Heather...it didn't stick together to well. I think I'll use vegan sour cream next time and see how well that holds together.
Post a Comment