25 December 2008

Have a Green Christmas

We are always striving to be greener. Instead of wrapping presents, we bought second hand pillow cases. Everyone got their own sack. The kids didn't seem to notice they were missing something to unwrap. If you plan it better next year, we may get fabric and ribbons to wrap. It will look prettier and more festive.



This year Santa was green too. He bought The Lorax which was printed on recycled paper.




I read it to Desmina today before her nap. She interrupted to say, "Excuse me, mommy. When you drive in the car the gas causes smog too." I was taken aback; sometimes I forget how perspective kids can be.

Random pictures from last night and today:



Getting along

Santa came! Every year he brings a holiday themed musical figurine.

With their cousin and Oma



May your Christmas be filled with love

No comments: