28 August 2008

Musicbox

It's amazing how much music just transports you to different moments of life. Music has always been a big part of my life. My parents were part of the church choir so when we were younger they used to go over to people's houses for rehearsal. And even though my dad can't carry a tune, I still love to hear him sing. He is so happy.

Towards the end of my pregnancy with Bodhi, I could not sleep. Insomnia sucks. I had it too back in college. My remedy was to listen to Fiona Apple. Fiona is apparently my remedy to everything. Heartache, insomnia, labour...

Desmina is angry right now. Put on some Fiona.

I am now in my living room. I can't get any sleep. It's two AM. Contractions...baby is coming. I must get some sleep. Next thing I know, I wake up to rain on the tin roof. It's 5 am. The sound of rain, a new memory for me.

No comments: